WU Jing-lue was bron on February 5, 1907 in Changshou county, Jiangsu province and passed away of illness on August 16, 1987 in Beijing. His first name was Tao and other name was Man-sou. He learned traditional instruments from ZHAO Jian-hou, ZHOU Shao-mei and WU Meng-fei. In 1927, he started to learn the qin from the Tianjin qin player WANG Duan-pu. Since then he had learned from many sources and developed his own style. In April 1936, he joined the Jinyu Qin Musicians Association founded in Suzhou. From 1939 to 1956, he was appointed as Chairman, running the association in Shanghai. In autumn 1956, he was appointed as Professor of the Central Conservatory, thus focusing his strength in the teaching and researching of the art of qin. He was experienced in assessing and repairing the qin instruments. He was enthusiastic in reforming the qin. After repeated experiments, the reformed qin was designed, which inherited the timber, performing techniques and outlook of the original qin while achieving larger volume and lower noise. In 1970’s, together with the instrument factory he successfully introduced the steel-nylon string which won the appreciation of most qin players, setting up a milestone in the development history of the qin. His performing of a Dialogue between a Fisherman and a Woodcutter won him a fame of “WU Yuqiao”.