LI Yu-xian was born in 1936 and passed away of illness in 2011 in Fujian. His name was Jin-cao and other name was Qin-tong. His ancestral home was in Huantai, Shandong Province. When he was sixteen, he learned the qin under ZHANG Zheng-yin and further studied under XIA Yi-feng. In 1956, he was admitted to the Shanghai Conservatory and Studied under LIU Jing-shao and ZHANG Zi-qian. He always visited and studied under GUAN Ping-hu and WU Jing-lue. He has proclaimed as one of the representative successors of qin music of the Intangible Heritage of Humanity by Cultural Department of China. In 1986, he founded the Jin-cao Qin School. In 1999, he established the Qin Society of Xiamen. In 2001, he founded the Fujian Qin Association and was appointed the chairman.